When you reach the link destination you will be asked to log in. If you already have an account at British Institute of NDT, as author or reviewer, that account can be used. Otherwise you have to create a new account
Abstract and Full Paper submission Guidelines
You are invited to submit abstracts in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Paper submissions will only be considered if they are submitted completely, i.e. together with all requested data and the abstract.
- Authors are allowed to register more than one paper.
- English is the conference language; hence the contributions should be submitted and presented in English. Translation into other languages will not be provided.
- All abstracts have to be submitted online at www.ecndt2018.com/Call-for-Paper by 1 July 2017.
- Authors are required to classify their paper (technique/method/application or theoretical) and choose keywords.
- Authors are requested to indicate their preferred submission type (extended abstract or full paper).
- Authors will be informed about the acceptance of their contributions not later than 22 September 2017.
- Authors whose paper is accepted are required to register via the online-form and pay the registration fee not later than 23 October 2017. The registration is binding and non-refundable. Contributions of authors, who have not paid the registration fee by 23 October 2017 will be cancelled.
- The full paper or extended abstract submission (see below), formatted according to the template, must be submitted and received by ECNDT as an electronic file by 15 February 2018. The proceedings will be available at the conference.
The 12th ECNDT introduces a paper submission system with two different alternatives:
- Full paper, 6-8 pages, the default submission type for contributions with scientific qualities (reviewed)
- Extended abstract, 2 pages, intended for more practical contributions (e.g., documentation of industrial experiences)
The intention is to attract a broader audience with contributions not only from the academia but also from the NDT community. All contributions (both full papers and extended abstracts) will be available to the participants in digital format.
- Oral presentation
The author will be asked to submit a PowerPoint presentation by 3 June 2018. Each presentation will be given 20 minutes including discussion.
- Poster presentation
The author will be asked to submit a PDF file format of the poster by 3 June 2018 and then bring a poster in A0 portrait format to the conference. Poster area will be open during the entire conference with special attention during a poster evening.
The programme will be application focused and as a consequence we ask you to address application field as well as the method itself.
The main topics will be:
|Additive Manufacturing and Semi-finished Products||NDE & NDT of Civil Infrastructure Systems and Materials|
|Cultural Heritage||Transportation, railway and automotive|
|Oil and Gas||Energy Generation|
|NDE of Composites||Robotic and Automation|
|Structural Health Monitoring||Reliability and Statistics|
|Qualification, Certification, Standards and Training||Materials Characterization (NDC)|
|Guided Waves||Laser Ultrasonics and EMAT|
|Ultrasonic Phased Arrays||UT Microstructural Scattering|
|Nonlinear Ultrasonics||Eddy Current|
|Sensor Concepts||Thermography and Thermosonics|
|Microwave, Terahertz, and Infrared NDE||X-ray, CT, and Radiographic Methods|
|Modelling and Data Processing||Imaging|