Poster Evening and Welcome Reception
Monday June 11, 17.00 – 19.00 in the Exhibition Hall.
The Welcome party is sponsored by the City of Gothenburg
Wednesday June 13, 19:00 in the Congress Hall, Casual dressing
To do in Gothenburg
Gothenburg is an old harbour city located on the Swedish west coast. Founded almost 400 years ago the city blends a distinct feeling of charm with the pulse of modern urban life. In less than 30 minutes from the downtown area you’ll be on a ferry to explore the tranquil archipelago. The city is filled with flourishing gardens, historic sites and buildings, beautiful churches and magnificent museums, and the tram rattled streets are lined with pleasant cafés and restaurants. Take the opportunity in conjunction with ECNDT 2018 to explore Gothenburg.
On the Gothenburg Tourist Centre website you can find out more about the city and what to do. Here are some highlights:
- You can get out to the archipelago of Gothenburg and its craggy coast and picturesque fishing villages in less than an hour. Spend a day in the archipelago of Gothenburg.
- Classical tour with the sightseeing boat Paddan along the canals of Gothenburg.
- Visit Feskekôrka (“Fish Church“) fish market. A must for sea food lovers.
- Gothenburg is the hometown for the car manufacturer Volvo. Take the opportunity to visit the Volvo museum and learn more about its heritage.
- Volvo Ocean Race, the world´s toughest sailing race, visits Gothenburg 14-21 June. Take the chance to experience this ultimate mix of sporting competition and world-class adventure.